Minor Triad Workout (PDF file)
I use this sequence of exercises whenever I teach. It is a great way to start developing a basic keyboard harmonic vocabulary.
I may use different cycles for the basic triad work outs. For the voice leading exercises I would use the cycle of fourths for the ascending part and the cycle of fifths for the descending part.
- Minor Triad warm up exercises
- Minor Triad work out - Root Position
- Minor Triad work out - 1st. Inversion
- Minor Triad work out - 2nd. Inversion
- Minor Triad Voice Leading - Root Position
- Minor Triad Voice Leading - 1st. Inversion
- Minor Triad Voice Leading - 2nd. Inversion